Our 5th annual pop-up shop is coming to Brooklyn, NY in continuation of our support of women-owned small businesses. Our focus this year is to reimagine the idea of destination shopping and showroom. As pop-ups and short-term shops are becoming more popular and saturated, here at Young & Able we are constantly brainstorming how we can elevate the offline shopping experience. We'll be taking over a beautiful 3-story townhouse in prime Williamsburg, Brooklyn for 2 months to play with!
It's our tradition to run an open call (find application below) to give the chance for all interested party to apply. Please read through below qualifications and criteria before you apply.
Why we love pop-ups and think everyone should join in?
- Q4 is the best time for retail
- Brand exposure alongside other great makers and designers
- Test out new products and price points
- Product feedback and consumer engagement
- Create brand loyalty
Qualifications & Criteria
Product categories & price point: we're open to all!
These are the primary things we look for:
- Your products fit in within our vision of high-quality, well-crafted goods
- Your products are manufactured in the USA or produced by Artisans
- Your company has at least 1 female founder.
Designers agree to:
- Provide enough inventory for selected products up front throughout the duration of the pop-up shop
- Promote the shop via their network, newsletter and social media channels
- Handle delivery and cost of all stock to Young & Able
- Restock in a timely manner upon selling out of your product
- Allow Young & Able the right to use your product and promotional photos
- Allow Young & Able to sell the products online
Important Details & Dates
Location: Townhouse, Williamsburg (we won't reveal the location until October!)
Dates & Times: 11/1/18 - 12/23/18
- M-W (appointments only), Th-Su 11am-7pm
- Any shop events and workshops from 7pm-9pm
*Please note dates and times are subject to change
What you can expect to see:
Our designer workshop series, supper clubs, art shows, and engaging panel talks mixed in with our shop curation where you can shop everything you see inside. Think of our townhouse a creative space for you to make new friends, connect with customers and take a breather from the hustle of New York.
Application & Participation Fee:
Only paid applications (application fee of $35 + participation fee) will be reviewed. Please note that if not accepted, you will be refunded the participation fee by 9/30/2018. We are only interested to work with companies that are serious about participating and with our tight timeframe, collecting the fee ahead of time help us streamline our operation and decision process.
Once accepted, you will be notified via email to schedule a 30-min phone chat with Rosa to finalize all the rest of the pop-up details and answer any additional questions you may have.
The application fee is $35.
- Jewelry - $950
- Fashion/Accessories - $850
- Skincare/Home - $650
- Food/Cards/Prints - $450
75/25 commission split of all sales in-store
Participation fee varies based on categories. Our fees are varied each year based on the location and past experiences.
How do we run our pop-up shop?
Young & Able handles all retail end of things so you can focus on designing.
- Handle sale transactions
- File NYC sales tax
- Design and provide all retail display
- Provide experience sale staffs
- Set up and break down the pop-up shop
- Tag all inventory and merchandise the shop
- Provide all retail supplies
Acceptances, Cancellations & Payments
How and when will I know if I am accepted?
You’ll be notified by email after 14 days of your application submission, as to whether or not you’ve been accepted into the shop. If you are not accepted as a designer, we’ll refund your participation fee less a $35 jurying fee that covers the expenses associated with jurying candidates, as well as the administrative costs required to process applications and approvals.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot guarantee individual feedback to all non-approved applicants, due to volume.
If I'm accepted, what is your cancellation policy?
You may cancel up to 1 month before the opening date (by October 1, 2018) for a 50% refund of your vendor fee. Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds after October 1, 2018 due to the administrative work was already done by this time. Once you cancel, you forfeit your spot in the shop.
When do we receive payments for any sold products?
You'll be updated at least bi-weekly of your sales via email. Payout will be made by 12/29/18.
When are products return after the pop-up?
Products will be returned by 1/15/2019 to your provided return address. Young & Able will take care of all the shipping cost of returned goods.
If you want to see our past holiday pop-up, browse here! Please note that each year we create a completely new holiday shop experiences!
Please send Rosa an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with title "TOWNHOUSE" or simply DM us on Instagram @youngxable.