Young & Able’s 4th annual holiday pop-up shop will once again highlight women-owned small businesses. Every year, we set up an open call (find application below) to give the chance for all interested party to apply. Please read through below qualifications and criteria before you apply.
This year we are going big! We'll be partnering up with Pop Up Nation to produce the event. The pop up is five weeks long, from before Thanksgiving until the New Year.
Why we love pop-ups and we think everyone should join in?
- It's holiday season, so best time for retail
- Brand exposure alongside other great makers and designers
- Test out new products and price points
- Product feedback
- Consumer engagement
- Create brand loyalty
QUALIFICATIONS & CRITERIA
Categories we are interested in: we're open to all!
These are the primary things we look for in our application submissions:
- Your business is women-owned or at least have 1 female founder.
- Your products fit in within our vision of high-quality, well-crafted goods
- Your products are manufactured in the USA or produced by Artisans
Designers agree to:
- Provide enough inventory for selected products up front throughout the duration of the pop-up shop
- Handle delivery of all stock to Young & Able
- Restock in a timely manner upon selling out of your product
- Allow Young & Able the right to use your product and promotional photos
- Allow Young & Able to sell the products online
IMPORTANT DATES & DETAILS
Dates & Times: 11/23/17-12/30/17
- Daily from 11am – 7pm
- Any shop events and workshops from 7pm - 9pm
Refinery Hotel | 63 W 38th St. New York, NY 10018 | Nov 24-Dec 31
Our space at Refinery Hotel is in the retail store connected to the lobby. Refinery is a 5-star hotel with a popular rooftop bar and a favorite destination for corporate holiday parties. Guests are mainly tourists with an estimated income $100-200K+.
Our space at Park Central Hotel is in it's spacious lobby. Park Central is a massive 4-star hotel with 761 rooms, guests are almost all tourists have an estimated income of $100K+
Participation Fee :
You crunch the number and see which option is best for you! We’ve carefully considered this fee based off of our past pop-up. *Only paid applications will be reviewed.
You must pay both application fee + participation fee before we can review your application.
The application fee is $25.
How do we run our pop-up shop?
Young & Able will handle all retail end of things so you can focus on designing.
- Handle sale transactions
- File NYC sales tax
- Design and provide all retail display
- Provide experience sale staffs
- Set up and break down the pop-up shop
- Tag all inventory and merchandise the shop
- Provide all retail supplies
ACCEPTANCES & CANCELLATIONS
How and when will I know if I am accepted?
You’ll be notified by email after 7 days of your application submission, as to whether or not you’ve been accepted into the shop. If you are not accepted as a designer, we’ll refund your participation fee less a $25 jurying fee that covers the expenses associated with jurying candidates, as well as the administrative costs required to process applications and approvals.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot guarantee individual feedback to all non-approved applicants, due to volume.
If I'm accepted, what is your cancellation policy?
You may cancel up to 1 month before the opening date (by October 20, 2017) for a 50% refund of your vendor fee. Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds after October 20, 2017 due to the administrative work was already done by this time. Once you cancel, you forfeit your spot in the shop.
Email Rosa at email@example.com with subject line "La Femme" with any of your questions!
If you want to see our past holiday pop-up, browse here! Please note that each year we create a complete new holiday shop experiences!