This year’s Young & Able’s 2015 Holiday Pop-Up Celebration will feature products handcrafted in America with the theme of “Brooklyn Artistry”. We hope to inspire and continue the Made In USA conversation by helping our surrounding communities sustain creative small businesses. The monthlong holiday pop-up space features a curated program of designer talks, workshops and products. We will partner with sponsors to find and present some of the best emerging fashion, home, art, lifestyle and food brands to the NYC community. Our mission is to create a collaborative space that facilitates conversations and creates connections between designers and individuals within creative industries. We encourage new and emerging makers, innovators and artists to come share your work with us.
Hey designers & makers, we're searching everything BROOKLYN this year!
above image from our 2014 pop-up shop at 345 Broome St., New York
Thank you for your interest in participating in the Holiday 2015 Young & Able Pop-Up. Please read the info below before applying. The application that follows is for independent makers only.
QUALIFICATIONS & CRITERIA
This year, we are focusing and highlighting Brooklyn makers, designers & manufacturers ONLY. Categories we are interested in : fashion jewelry, handbags, small leather goods, home decors, beauty & apothecary, holiday cards, paper goods, furniture, textile and packaged food.
These are the primary things we look for in our application submissions:
- Your items are handcrafted in Brooklyn.
- Your products fit in within our vision of high-quality, well-crafted goods. Meaning, they are innovative and original items produced using traditional craft methods but not based on any per-existing patterns or products. We like to support brands that believe in sustainability, helping their communities and are upfront with transparency in their production.
- Your work overall is cohesive and consistent.
- Your items are artfully and professionally represented in your photos/on your website. Young & Able reserves the right to use your product and promotional photos.
- You are able to provide enough inventory for selected products upfront throughout the one month duration of the pop-up shop. You will handle delivery of all stock to Young & Able and will restock in a timely manner upon selling out of your product.
- Your work is well-differentiated and unique from that of other artists participating in the shop.
- You offer a well-diversified product line. We seek makers offering a well-cultivated line of goods, or specializing in one type of product but in a variety of styles and color ways.
IMPORTANT DATES & DETAILS
Dates & times: December 3, 2015 - January 3, 2016
- Daily from 11am-7pm / Close on Christmas Day
- Shop events and workshops from 7pm - 9pm
Location: Lower East Side, New York
- 2 Rivington St, New York, NY 10002 (off Bowery)
- In the neighborhood: Morgenstern's Finest Ice Cream, Freemans & New Museum
Dates to remember:
- Open Call Pitch Day: August 24, 2015 10am - 1pm Panel: Melissa Hall (The Emerging Designer), Rachel Schwartzmann (The Style Line)
- Applications Deadline: August 31, 2015
- Acceptance Notices: By September 9, 2015
Company Info Package Due: September 30, 2015 (company bio and picture, product description with images)
Products should arrive: By November 16, 2015 (the vendor is responsible for delivery and all shipping costs)
All unsold merchandise will be ready for pick up on January 4, 2016 between 8am - Noon
FEES & ALLOWANCES
- We will only review paid applications.
- $350 for the month ( ~$11.60/ day)
*Young & Able will handle all sale transactions & filing sale tax. Young & Able will take 50% commission of sales.
WHAT DOES THE FEE COVER?
- You'll be asked to pay the participation fee once your application is submitted.
- If you are not accepted as a vendor, we’ll refund your booth fee less a $25 jurying fee that covers the expenses associated with jurying candidates, as well as the administrative costs required to process applications and approvals.
- First and foremost, your fee covers Young & Able’s ability to provide the retail space in a Lower East Side location with high foot traffic + the required commercial space insurance and security for the space itself. In addition, everyone will receive an icon + link on a page with all featured products from the shop on our website through the end of the year.
- Select artists will also be featured on our blog and via our various social networking sites leading up to and during the shop. Check out last year's feature collaboration with The Style Line.
- We will release a press release about the event including your brand name, which will reach relevant culture, event and news blogs, sites and publications. As a result, your brand may receive coverage in print or online media.
- We will advertise and promote the shop itself, which will draw additional traffic over the course of a month and new customers who will see your work in person. This often turns into other opportunities, including future sales, wholesale opportunities, media exposure, networking, and more.
- Note: We will design our own displays in-shop, but vendors may supply their own display items for approval if available.
ACCEPTANCES & CANCELLATIONS
How and when will I know if I am accepted?
You’ll be notified by email by September 9th, 2015 as to whether or not you’ve been accepted into the shop. Unfortunately, at this time we cannot guarantee individual feedback to all non-approved applicants, due to volume.
If I'm accepted, what is your cancellation policy?
You may cancel up to 2 months before the opening date (by October 3,2015) for a 50% refund of your vendor fee. Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds within two months of the date of the shop due to the administrative work already done by this time. Once you cancel, you forfeit your spot in the shop.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please note that Young & Able will not be responsible for theft and will not cover the cost of any stolen products from the shop. However, we will be providing extra precautionary security measures with surveillance cameras and a security guard on the premises. All accepted vendors will be added to our mailing list, so that we may send important correspondence to you via eblast. Those wishing to be removed should do so themselves once the event is over.Young & Able will create an icon for each accepted vendor for display on our website page for the event, using an image of our choosing from the accepted vendor’s website. Please contact us with any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question we haven't covered here, please drop us a line at email@example.com
I've been selected as a vendor:
1. Can I store my products in the shop overnight?
Yes! Doors will be locked and our space is under video surveillance 24/7.
2. Do I need to be present in the shop to sell my product?
No. Young & Able will handle all transactions in the shop. We will have staff to display and sell merchandise. You are more than welcome to help set up and hang out throughout the duration of the shop. Our space is made for connecting creatives in the community.
3. Will I need to provide my own displays and retail supplies?
4. How will I track my inventory throughout the duration of the shop?
No. We will design the space to accommodate your brand. Retail supplies will be provided by us as well. However, Young & Able will accept your suggestions for jewelry and small accessory displays.
We will notify you if we need you to replenish product. 5. How and when will I receive payment of sold product?
You will receive a sales report and payment by January 15, 2016. 6. Will I be reimbursed for any stolen/broken product?
Young & Able will not be held responsible for any theft or mishandling of product by customers. However, our vigilant staff is present to ensure this does not happen.
I'd like to be a sponsor:
1. How can I become a sponsor?
Fill out the Sponsor Form and tell us what you have in mind. We are always looking to forge new partnerships and exciting brand experiences!
2. What opportunities are there to sponsor?
We will be hosting trunk shows, workshops, talks and parties throughout the duration of the shop. All of these events are open for discussion and will provide great exposure. We can work with you to create an experience that's fun for our customers and beneficial to your brand or organization.
I'm a customer/visitor:
1. I was at the market, saw something I thought I couldn’t live without but then changed my mind. Can you put me in touch with that vendor?
If you can't find the designer's page and product on our site, please drop us a line with a description of the product and we'll be happy to help you!
2. What is your return policy?
Products can be returned in person in our shop within 7 days of purchase. Any item purchased on the website will follow our online shop policy: SHIPPING & RETURNS
3. Can I bring my pet?
We're sorry about this one! No pets will be allowed on the premises.
4. How can I find a schedule of all your events?
We will be updating our blog with posts on upcoming workshops, talks, meetings, parties, trunk shows, fun events and how to attend. So stay tuned!