Demetria Chappo Ceramics is well known for her sgraffito (scratching) technique. Demetria and I wanted to share this fun and easy project with you to get one of her signature style to you.
- 1 Package of Melissa & Doug Scratch Art Boards ( available in Rainbow, glitter)
- 1 Brush ( to dust off artwork after)
- 1 Chopstick ( Or anything that has a sharp pointed edge)
- 1 Sharpener
- 1 Nail Filer ( to use to sharpen the chopstick)
- 1 Circle Templates ( anything circular will do
1. To start off, we work from the center out. With the help of any sort of circle template, draw a circle.
2. Next is to draw the outline of the eye. Try to make a continuous line, tip is to look ahead of where your line is heading.
3. Once you got your foundation outline, you are free to go and explore all sort of patterns. Go as detailed as you want or as minimal as you like or a mix of both!
4. And voilà, you can done! I went home after hanging out with Demetria and immediately started another drawing. It was so addictive and fun!
Here are some pattern inspirations to get you started: